Our Little Ladybug

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Nursery















Well, I had mentioned a few weeks ago that we ordered Jade's furniture. We know it's early, but we knew what we wanted and there was such a great financing offer with no interest until 2011 that we couldn't pass it up. This way, we can hopefully have it paid off by the time she is home! It is more beautiful than I had even imagined. The pictures really don't do it justice.

It is from the Jessica McClintock Collection (The Romance Collection for Young Ladies). I never even knew she designed furniture, but I have always loved her romantic, dreamy dresses and gowns. The furniture is antique white and matches the new paint color on the walls perfectly. We have four pieces- dresser with hutch, chest, nightstand, and sleigh bed. We ordered the bed now (it didn't have a crib) because I was just worried if we waited, the collection would be discontinued or something and that would break my heart. That always happens to me! We will end up getting a crib, though.

It all fits perfectly into the room as well. We still have the old yucky carpeting in there, but we willbe getting new lighter carpeting after Ken puts new wood in the windowsills and paints them as well. I am thinking I will do pink gingham (the tiniest squares) for curtains. Now will come the fun part of decorating the walls, accessories, etc. It is so lovely to walk by her room and see furniture in there. It seems so real now!

The lighting on the photos seems off- more cream than it actually is- and the recliner is a rosy burgundy color. Anyway, I am thrilled with the funriture!

Meanwhile, it's another snow day today! We are expected to get 6 to 12 inches of snow. I am so tired of it and want spring to arrive. In the meantime, it's time to get cozy!

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger 4D said...

That is SO beautiful!

Adorable little furry baby!

We are getting hit with a big snow storm. Time to hibernate!

Keep smilin!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

That furniture is beautiful!

And the doggy shot? Woofalicious :0)

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger kitchu said...

Wow, that is some incredible furniture... and the pooch, too too cute!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

The furniture is great, it's good to get some stuff early...it means you can spread the cost of everything acros the adoption wait.
I got my funiture early too.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Stephe said...

WOW! I love your nursery furniture!!

Hi from your neighbor. (Delaware)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting