Our Little Ladybug

Friday, July 07, 2006

I, Pilgrim

Well, the application is ready to mail. We just have to wait until Thursday for my doctor's appointment for a letter from the doc and then we shall mail! From what I've heard, most people with our agency hear in about two or three weeks whether or not they are accepted. If we are, then we will phone the home study agency in Philadelphia and get the ball rolling. I know we have a long wait ahead of us, but we have been talking about this adoption, planning it, attending conferences, etc. for so long that it really does feel like now we FINALLY starting. It feels like it will really be a reality!

Okay, I probably shouldn't have...BUT...the other day I was out shopping and I walked past the children's section. There it was- this little dress staring at me. STARING at me, I tell you! Lime green in color with little reddish pink ladybugs all over it...and two ladybug buttons. Well, I picked it up, looked at it...imagined what our little girl might look like in it.

So I bought it. Our first outfit for her. We haven't even sent in the application! I thought for sure my husband would think I'd gone off the shopping deep end (which I am quite close to on a regular basis), but he thought the dress was lovely.

We hung it in her closet. I visit the dress regularly. Little pilgrimages to the dress. It's a sign that one day she will be here.

3 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Pink Evita said...

Kerrie,

Good luck in the process. How exciting for you. Your baby is certainly on her way. Feel free to link away and follow us to China in a few weeks.

Are you in Philly? I went to high school in the Wallingford Swarthmore area.

Perrin
twoladybugs/blogspot.com

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Yes, we too are guilty of visiting our Sarah's closet quite frequently to just stare at her clothes and imagine what she might look like in them. Can't wait to follow your journey!
The dress sounds very cute! : )

Caroline
www.journey2sarah.blogspot.com

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there-

Welcome to the wait! We are hopefuly done with the paperchase in the next two weeks. Hope is a strong word here. But, we did the entire process in uner 8 weeks so that has to count for something, right?

feel free to link as well.
www.moonisalwaysfemale/blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting