Our Little Ladybug

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Attention: Harry Potter Fans!




A theme park inspired by the adventures of schoolboy wizard Harry Potter is to open in the US. The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter will open at the Universal Orlando Resort, in Florida, in 2009.

Harry Potter author JK Rowling said: "The plans I've seen look incredibly exciting, and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed." Touted as a "theme park within a theme park", it will feature attractions and rides based on Harry Potter locations.

Based inside Orlando's Islands of Adventure theme park, which already houses Marvel Super Heroes and Dr Seuss islands, the Harry Potter theme will be spread over 20-acres.

Oscar-winning production designer Stuart Craig, who has worked on the Harry Potter films, is leading the creative design for the park to ensure it remains faithful to JK Rowling's vision. "Our primary goal is to make sure this experience is an authentic extension of Harry Potter's world as it is portrayed in the books and films," he said.

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Snowflowers Mum said...

YAY! We are big fans! I think this will a great getaway in the future! I'm awaiting the new movie and book!

Harry Potter rocks...did that just make me sound incredibly geeky?

Sad. I don't care, HP rocks!

Hayley

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Wow I am sure that will be totally cool!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Yeah!!! How exciting!!! I was wondering who would do it first..us or England!!! This maybe the first place I take my little one! I'm waiting ever so patiently (NOT) for the last book and saw the trailer for Phoenix today. Can't wait!

Cheers,
Kim Y
LID 3/29/07 for Megan Jean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting