Our Little Ladybug

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jade's First Quilt




Jade's first quilt is finished! I never thought we would receive over 400 squares, but with all of the swaps I did and all of the squares from family and friends, that's what we ended up with!

This is her first quilt which we fondly call the Cozy Critter Quilt. We pulled out many of the animals and insects for this one. We chose a style called Attic Window so it looks like you must peek through the little windows to see the animals. We chose pretty greens (one pattern with dragonflies) for the background.

My coworker, Kathy, did the front and back. Then we took it to Diana, a woman who has a longarm quilting machine to put it all together, and then it went back to Kathy again for the binding.

We are really pleased with it and think it turned out just like we wanted!

5 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Julie said...

It's beautiful. I love the window look, that's amazing. I'm jealous, I wish mine was close to being finished!

Julie
LID 1.24.07

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Olivia's Momma said...

What a beautiful quilt !!! I am very impressed. Stunning !!!

Sheryl
Key West, FL
OHGWQ Yahoo Group

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful K, doesn't it feel good when it is done? This will be a prized possession for Jade.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Snowflowers Mum said...

it's spectacular! I love the design...we still havent put Paisleys together! I must find a quilter!

again...looks awesome!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's great! I like the embroidary all over it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting