Our Little Ladybug

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Busy, Busy World


I am not a big flea market shopper, but I do like to search the local Sunday morning flea market in search of children's books. It's important to me that they are hardcover and not worn. This morning I went on my usual search and came across a copy of Richard Scarry's Busy, Busy World. It's in beautiful condition and looks new. I came home and looked it up on Amazon.com to read the reviews. I found out it's out of print and is being sold used by three sellers for over $60 a copy. I paid one dollar! Behold, the power of the flea market.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I had that book when I was a kid and I loved it. I read it over and over and over...

I'm pretty sure my mom still has it, so maybe Jillian will get to enjoy it, too. I have seen Richard Scary books at Home Goods recently. I was tempted to purchase them, but I should see what my mom has first.

I love children's books!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting