Our Little Ladybug

Monday, June 18, 2007

Busy as a Bee!

Well, summer vacation has started and I have to get busy! I have promised myself that I will get so many things accomplished this summer. I don't know if I really will, but it's good to have a dream! Next on the list is planting the flowers that we bought yesterday:



Here are some photos from our previous NYC weekend:

Ellis Island






In addition, we had a FABULOUS weekend in NYC over Memorial Day. One of my very best friends was visiting for her very first trip to the USA! Anna and I were matched as pen pals in school about 25 years ago, and we have been friends ever since! She now has two daughters and I love her whole family. We only met once in person when we traveled to Ireland in 1997, but we are in contact about every two months. We have grown up together and gone through so many things together. It was so wonderful to spend some time with her and her husband in NYC!

Here we are at Tavern on the Green for dinner:





Here we are at South Street Seaport- having lunch:



I miss her already and I wish we could have spent more time together. When we took them to the airport, she gave me a bag of special gifts including two dolls for Jade. One is an Irish doll right from Ireland and the other is her very first porcelain doll. Anna truly is a special friend.

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So cool to have a friend like that!! I wish I could be out planting! I have defered most normal plants this year b/c we have NO WATER down here - send some extra rain!!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations on another successful school year! Summer is great! - The flowers you have look great, take some pictures of the gardens when they are done. I love gardening, but I am glad to be at the weeding stage.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

What a wonderful friend, looks like you had a great time.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Julie and Steve said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you guys had fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting