Our Little Ladybug

Saturday, December 09, 2006

We Are DTC!


We received the email yesterday from CCAI stating that we are DTC! Our dossier was sent out on the afternoon of December 7.
I had a secret hope that somehow we would be DTC on my sister's birthday and LID on my dad's birthday (December 28). My dad passed away over ten years ago. Sure enough, when we got the email, we were DTC on my sister's birthday! Now we are just hoping for our LID soon, but it sure would still be nice for it to be on the 28th.

We also received the email from CCAI about the CCAA fee increase. If we are LID before January 1, it will not affect us. We've been reading all of the info on speculation about possible changes taking effect next year. It doesn't look like any of them will affect us (I hope).

We are celebrating our DTC tonight with a special "party" for just the two of us! Today, I am off to hopefully finish up the last of the Christmas shopping.

12 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Special K said...

Congratulations on your DTC!
I remember how good it felt to finally feel like you could breathe again after so much work.
You're on your way now!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger kitchu said...

Congratulations! I remember how great that felt the first time around!! And thanks for visiting my blog.
BTW, do you know what the increase will be? It will definitely affect me, so wanted to know how much it's going up!
Thanks!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

Hey Kerrie,
Congratulations... what wonderful news!!!
Here's hoping for that 12/28 LID!!!!!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger K. said...

Kris-

The increase in CCAA fee is taking place for those dossiers logged in after January 1. It will be a $210 increase (and a $170 increase if you are adopting through the Waiting Child Program).

Here's to a quick DTC and LID for you!

Kerrie

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Congrats on being DTC!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger 4D said...

Congrats on being DTC! It is a big step and a relief to know that the file is in China.

Keep smilin!

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Hooray! Isn't that just a great feeling. Like the world has been lifted from your shoulders for just a little bit.

Congrats!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most excellent news - CONGRATS!!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger redmaryjanes said...

Congratulations on your DTC. Our dossier was supposedly sent out last Friday. I didn't know that we would receive an e-mail. I'd better go look!!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're one step closer. My dad passed away Christmas Eve three years ago so I know what you mean. I hope you get your LID wish

:-)
Deb

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger adele and dan said...

Great, that's wonderful news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on LID before jan.1

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Debra Sue said...

A little late, but what great news for Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting