Our Little Ladybug

Monday, November 06, 2006

Still Waiting...

We are still waiting for our I-797 from USCIS. I kind of wish our HS agency never told us that Philadelphia has been sending them out in two weeks lately because that really got our hopes up. This week it will be four weeks. It was sent on October 10, so Philadelphia probably got it on the 12th or 13th. Every day it is so exciting to look in the mailbox...and so sad to not find it. If I can't wait for my form, how am I ever going to wait for my baby?!

We decided that both of us will buy a Christmas gift for Jade to put under the tree this year. We won't let each other know what we're buying and we will wrap them up for Jade and open each others' gifts to her. I am excited about doing this!

We found some great bargains in clothing for her at Peddler's Village this weekend. Oshkosh was having a great sale and we bought her a gorgeous sweater ($34 regularly), two shirts, a hooded sweatshirt, and two skirts all for under $25! We also found an adorable shirt at Talbot's Kids for $7 (clearance) that says I Love My Pets and it has embroidered animals on it. It's adorable. I love looking for good clothing bargains now. I usually try to buy sizes 18 mo. and up and clothes that can be worn at any time of year.

I am looking forward to our trip to the Chinese Consulate because we are planning on staying overnight in NYC and getting some Christmas shopping done. If our form arrives before Christmas, that is...

4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger 4D said...

Fingers crossed that Mr/Mrs Post person has good mail for you soon!

Keep smilin!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger adele and dan said...

Hi-
My name is Adele and my husband and I are also adopting from China. We have been waiting 9weeks already for our I-171H. We live in Georgia and Atlanta has one of the longest wait times in the U.S. So I feel your pain! My sister lives in NY (where I'm from originally) and she received hers in 6weeks. Good luck-
Adele
www.sienarose.blogspot.com

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Great idea about the presents, I would like Jarrod and I to do that too.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger ~Kristen said...

I hope you open that mailbox and see it real soon!!

Have a great time shopping in NYC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting