Our Little Ladybug

Saturday, January 20, 2007

What's Going On

We had our first snow day yesterday! It was quite a surprise actually. I complained all of December that we didn't have any, yet when I got the call yesterday, I was kind of disappointed. I don't think I want any snow days!

We went to see Freedom Writers yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. As a teacher, I think I need movies like that every now and again. They make me feel like the job I do really is important. It's so easy to lose sight of that in the day to day job of it all. I hope I am still making some kind of difference.

Last week, we saw Night at the Museum, and I really got a kick out of that one. I tend to like any movie with Ben Stiller or either of the Wilson brothers! I also liked the premise- I always wondered if dolls, etc. came to life at night when no one was around, so this sort of ties right in to that.

We are going away next weekend to see Supernova- Tommy Lee's new band- in concert. We also made plans to go to New York City for Chinese New Year. We are going to see the Chinese New Year Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.

The CCAI yahoo group to which I belong is starting the Secret Pal exchange, and I am VERY excited about that. I've already started shopping! The theme is Chinese New Year/Year of the Pig for February.

That's about all the news at the moment! Hope all is well with everyone!

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger kitchu said...

Wow... I lost my mom a year ago and cannot even imagine losing her at such a young age (and I feel like I was too young losing her at 38! And my mom was 69).

I hope you have a great time celebrating CNY in NYC... I'm green with envy! I LOVE NYC so much and visit there often...

Have a great weekend.
Kris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."
~Chinese legend Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting